Monday, June 8, 2009

Much love

Etsy's been giving us a lot of much-appreciated love lately, which has been great for a number of reasons. Mostly, I'm just glad people know we're out there in the ether, trying to unite them with the sacred objects that may become part of their personal history. I know it seems schmaltzy, but it's our mission. Things may seem trivial, but they connect us to the people and places we hold most dear without any demand. You have them, they remind you, and that's that. If you've ever gone through your things before a move, for a garage sale, or after you moved out of your parents' house, I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about.

In recent years, because we live in such a wee house, I've edited my object collection, but I still have the panda paperweight I made in nursery school, the bouquet of roses Ron gave me when we first started dating, and an embarrassing collection of notes passed between me and my high school friends. There are some things so close to me that I can't bear the thought of being without. They make me thankful, humble me and maintain my personal history. They make me whole.

And on that note, here's a parade of the Best Things featured on the front page of Etsy recently. I find them special for their own little reasons. Perhaps you'll find them as charming as we did.


A condiment server by Tupperware.


Tiny bathroom fixtures.



Vintage garden shears.


Pink swan.


Polka dot votive.


Burlap bowls.

What's your Best Thing? I'd love to hear your stories ...

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful collection! I just love each and every piece. I like Tiny bathroom fixtures the most. How sweet it is! Ha Ha! Thank you very much for sharing this beautiful things to us.
    haarausfall

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin