Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Professionals of Wrestling and Wifery

Last night, Ron and I watched three parts of John Adams, the HBO miniseries starring Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney as John and Abigail Adams. They were best friends, and the portrayal of their relationship in the series is fascinating.

Kinda late in the evening, when I agreed we should probably watch another part, Ron said "I like you. You like the things I like." While this is nice, it's not entirely true. He likes professional wrestling.

While I understand and somewhat enjoy most of what professional wrestling's trying to accomplish (the promos, costumes, general drama and over-the-toppery), I cannot bring myself to actually enjoy a match. The poster below however? Top notch.

Miss Lena vs. Klondyke Kate. 'Nuff said. That reminds me, if you find this poster fascinating, check out Lipstick & Dynamite, a documentary about the pioneers of lady wrestling. Here's the trailer:



Hmmm, maybe I do like pro wrestling ...

Thanks to Michelle McCormick of Inspiration Resource for poster image (and your beautiful blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin