Sunday, September 27, 2009

Don't forget the Motor City!

Hello hello friends!

Welp, we had a stellar time in Detroit and surrounding areas, which included many cocktails, delicious smoked meats, good conversation, an early morning garage Billy Joel/Huey Lewis/Beatles singalong and the DIY Street Fair in Ferndale, which was pretty freakin' awesome. There were a smattering of tempting vendors and I would have loved to spend all the money we brought for our trip, but despite the two delicious beers I had from Short's, I was somehow able to control myself. I did buy this, though, a stained glass lower peninsula from Handmade Detroit, an Etsy shop I adore. If you're curious, Traverse city is right between the place where the ring finger meets the pinky.



Though I love my little city, it was nice to leave, wonderful to reconnect with friends, and, at the end of it all, nice to come home.

Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin