Wednesday, December 16, 2009

'Round here

As I mentioned earlier in the week, it's pretty wintry up here, so we've been snuggling in, preparing for Christmas and shoveling ... a lot. Thankfully, Ron has taken it upon himself to be our savior from the snow. Believe me, it does not go unappreciated.

I don't know if it's because of the pending baby arrival, but I've been crocheting like it's going out of style and currently have three cowls, a blanket, and a scarf in the works. Oh, and I've been "watching" a lot of pre-20th century period pieces on Netflix. I put watching in quotes because I'm mostly glancing at the costumes, then concentrating on my crochet while I listen to them argue about aristocracy, money, and what's proper for a lady. It's a pretty cozy way to spend a winter night and highly recommended.

The animals, too, are getting in on the winter action. Linden becomes a different dog in the snow. Sometimes, he acts as if he is the king of the wilderness and is surveying his kingdom. And Fern has taken to lying in whatever piles of warm things she can find around the house. Lately, she's been sprawling across the grate in the kitchen, thus blocking all warm air from getting into that room (she's a hefty kitty), but she's also a fan of our sofa blankets, laundry baskets and the yarn bowl, pictured here.

Linden, Snow King

Fern, Knittin' Kitten

So that's what's up around our bungalow these days. How you doin'?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin