Thursday, March 25, 2010

'Round here

It's a chilly day here in Northern Michigan, but I am undaunted. Ron is home from his last business trip for a while, and I'm on fire productivity-wise. Last night, I sewed a cover for a blanket I just can't get rid of because it's the perfect weight, I've switched all my winter clothes with summer clothes, and I've started to repair a pile of vintage clothes I've been meaning to attend to for quite some time. Also, I picked this up at the bookstore today:

It's Lotta Jandsdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby, and I'm wondering how I didn't know it existed! I've been accumulating vintage fabric since I started my sewing class in February and with what I've gathered, I'm going to make at least half of the projects in this gem. It just may become my baby/toddler sewing bible. Man, am I pumped!

Oh, and as if that isn't enough excitement for one day, I am making these Benne Wafers tonight, which I suspect are a close cousin to my favorite sesame cookies from our corner bakery.

Other than that, it's business as usual around the Bargalow. Earlier, I had a delicious ladies' lunch with my friends Psaira and Amy and their beautiful daughters Lula Mae and Lily (respectively). We were also accompanied by the "bush baby" below and a menagerie of plastic animals. In case you can't tell from the photo, that bush baby is wearing two glittery plastic necklaces. Bling.

And with that, I must sign off. My sesame cookies are begging to be baked and I have some goodies to ship out. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin