Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recipe Wednesday: Rosemary Chicken Salad

The print above is available for purchase at Atelier Eva Juliet

Sometimes I think I'm so wrapped up in trying new culinary treats that I forget to revisit the old classics. We had chicken salad sandwiches at my baby shower this weekend and I was like, "Oh yeah, chicken salad! Hello, old friend."

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of mayonnaise, but chicken salad doesn't have to be mayonnaisey. In fact, I have a recipe that only calls for a wee bit o' mayo, features fresh rosemary and smoked almonds and is freakin' delicious. I like to put it on soft, bakery buns, but it'd be delicious on croissants, in pita or on a bed of lettuce. It's chicken salad ... you know what to do with it.

ROSEMARY CHICKEN SALAD

3 c. chopped chicken
1/3 c. green onions
1/4 c. chopped, smoked almonds (roasted and salted also work)
1/4 c. plain, fat-free yogurt
1/4 c. light mayo (you can of course use full-fat, if you like)
1 tsp. chopped, fresh rosemary
1 tsp. Dijon mustard (brown also works)
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and serve.

And that's that my friends. I liked my chicken salad at the shower so much that we made this on Monday night and I ate two sandwiches for dinner and one for lunch on Tuesday. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin