Thursday, April 15, 2010

'Round here

Hello folks. It is simply beautiful here today: unseasonably warm (80º!), sunny and breezy. Ron's on his way home after a particularly long stint away, all the windows are open, the animals are lazing around in the sun, and I'm wearing my flippy floppies and listening to oldies (Don't Stop Believin' by Journey is on right now ... hells yeah). It's a good day.

In fact, as I type this, fabrics are in the washing machine and cotton batting is presoaking the bathtub for (drumroll) my first quilt! The baby needs a play mat, and everything I've seen just isn't quite right, so I decided to bite the bullet and try one of the more intimidating projects in Simple Sewing for Baby, a book I believe I've (ahem) mentioned once or twice? I'm a little nervous, but thanks to my wonderful in-laws, was able to snag some sweet fabrics with a birthday gift card, so I'm also pretty geeked.

So off I go to retrieve my batting from the tub and throw my fabric in the dryer. Then I sew. :) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin