Thursday, January 28, 2010

'Round here

I mentioned before that I've been sewing up a storm, right? Though I'm not finished with the dress I'm working on for my class, I have been trawling the interweb for free patterns and have found a couple that, I think, are pretty adorable and very easy (seriously ... I just learned how to properly use my machine and I was able to make these).

The first things I made were these adorable dresses from a pattern by Petchy, which you can find here (as well as pics of her far superior outcomes). I used vintage fabric on both, which I picked up for a song at a local thrift shop. Both dresses also use thrifted binding, though I chose to forego it on the floral dress and just finish the seams without.


Next, I found this sun hat pattern. Though the download is for a toddler size, I just shrunk it a bit and am hoping it'll fit our wee one's noggin. The pattern called for binding tape on one side to finish the inside seams, which I wasn't crazy about, especially because I bought semi-lightweight fabric. Soooo, I just went ahead and made two hats (sans binding) and sewed them together at the brim for (ta-da!) a reversible hat.


And this is just the beginning, my friends. We're still working hard on the nursery, but if I can squeeze in some time this week, I'm going to try my hand at making bags. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin