Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Recipe Wednesday: Ultimate Fruit Salad

I mentioned I've been craving ice cream. One of my other constant cravings: Fruit. I can't get enough. Sooo, I thought I'd share my recipe for Ultimate Fruit Salad with y'all. There's not much to it, just a basic chop and mix, but the combo of all these tart and sweet fruits with sour lime juice and mint knocks my socks off every time.

FRUIT SALAD

Here's the list of master ingredients, which I mix and match depending on what's in season and cheap, though the mint and lime are necessaries:

Mango
Strawberries
Nectarines
Blueberries
Watermelon
Lime
Mint

I like to chop my fruit into large pieces, roughly chop the mint, then squeeze the lime over everything and stir, but as is the case with any fruit salad, it's not an exact science, so if you like your mint and/or fruit in smaller bits, by all means, go for it.

Ron likes to put honey in his fruit salads, which I'm not necessarily opposed to, but I think the fruit's sweet enough. Another thing you might want to try: fresh mozzarella (I like the minis). I strongly recommend this, especially if you're bringing this salad to a party. It makes a gorgeous dish on a potluck table. :)

And that's all there is to it, my friends. Hope you like it as much as I (and the baby) do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin